There definitely still is some stigma surrounding the use of lubricants. For women, sometimes sex might be uncomfortable or discomforting and instead of saying something about it, we feel embarrassed to speak up because we don’t want to admit that sometimes, our ‘WAP’ needs a break or needs some help getting wet. It kind of sucks that not many people know how great sex with lube is. Often times people believe that using lubricant means you have a dry vagina, but just like a lot of the myths you see out there about sex, its false.
The truth is, sex on its own is amazing but with lube? it makes it even more enjoyable.
It comes in different varieties; water based lube, silicone, oil and the hybrid lube which is a combination of water and silicone lubricants. Water based lubricants are almost a one size fits all because it is considered the ‘all-purpose’ lube. They are easier to clean and are great for all sex toys and latex condoms. Plus, whispers from the grapevine (and personal experience) says that adding some lube into your condom makes sex more pleasurable and also heightens the sensation.
Silicone based lubricants are stickier than those that are water-based. They also last longer so they are perfect for shower, pool and anal sex. If you’re looking for that extra sloppiness, go for oil-based lubricants. However, they are a BIG no-no for condoms.
Here are a few reasons why using lube is essential during sex, and why you should own one:
- You can use it during foreplay: Whether you’re fingering your partner or giving a hand-job, adding some lube to your fingers or your partner’s penis is a much better alternative than constantly spitting (once and for all, spit is NOT a lubricant o), using a dry hand or waiting for your vagina to get really wet because lets be honest, sometimes our bodies take the sweetest time in catching up to our aroused minds, and that is why foreplay is important because it gives time to warm up. Adding lube on your partner’s penis or vagina gives them pleasure to the max. Water based lubricants are the safest choice to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
- You can use it on solo dolo days/nights: Sometimes, the soul is ready but the body isn’t. Using your preferred lubricant on your fingers or your sex toy will make you feel so much better. However when using a sex toy, be mindful of the material it is made of. If your toy is made from silicone, again, it is best to use a water-based lubricant because the silicone types can weaken rubber.
- You can use it during sex: There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing some extra moistness during sex. Using lubricants makes it 10x better, whether you have the ultimate WAP, or not. Sometimes you could be really turned on but due to some medications or even your menstrual cycle, your vagina may not be lubricating itself enough. Lubricants help and it gives a new sensation during sex.
- You can use it during anal sex: Lubrication makes anal sex more pleasurable than painful. The anus does not self-lubricate like the vagina so lubricants are recommended during anal sex to make penetration easier and more slippery.
- You can use it during a blowjob: Like I already mentioned, using lube during foreplay will make it more enjoyable. Apply a generous amount of lube to your partner’s penis to increase his pleasure and decrease your workload. Sure, having sticky liquid in your mouth might not sound very enticing but trust me, it is definitely better than spitting every 5 seconds. Flavored lubricants are also great when giving head because they taste better and have zero sugar. Also, If your partner loves when you eat it from behind, add a few drops down there and enjoy yourself!
If I haven’t already made this super clear, lubricants make sex feel even better and gives a new feeling/sensation. What’s wrong with that? All that extra moistness is necessary, if you asked me.